Are you 13-25?
LGBTI+ or interested in equality issues ?
SAY (South Ayrshire Youth) LGBTI + Group meets every week on a Tuesday or Thursday from 7pm until 9pm at Ayr College Campus (building next to the river), Dam Park, Ayr .
We are a friendly, confidential youth group who enjoy learning about LGBTI+ Issues which affect us and also having fun. Young People have said that they enjoy coming to the group as it is a safe place where they can be themselves.
In the last year we have done a number of things including:
• Speaking to prospective MPs about LGBTI+ issues during the election campaign.
• Learning about raising our awareness of Transgender issues.
• Learning about International Day against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia and other important events in LGBTI+ calendar.
• As well as taking trips to meet other LGBTI+ Groups, playing games, watching movies and generally having fun!
We also a number of services for young people including support, advice, the option to have a one to one meeting with a worker and a confidential C Card Site for anyone who wishes condoms etc and other sexual health advice.
If you are interested in coming along the group is going to run on the following dates and times over the winter and spring:
- Thursday 9th February from 7pm until 8:45pm Transgender and Racism : A history
- Tuesday 14th February from 7pm until 8:45pm LGBT and Human Rights (Venue TBC)
- Saturday 18th February from 12:30 until 2pm South Carrick Decides Event - Girvan
- Thursday 23rd February from 7pm until 8:45pm LGBT History Month Event
- Saturday 25th February (Afternoon) Trans Celebration Event - North=Ayrshire
- Tuesday 28th February from 7pm until 8:45pm LGBT Quiz
- Thursday 9th March from 7pm until 8:45pm Non Binary Workshop
- Tuesday 14th March from 7pm until 8:45pm Social Action Workshop
- Thursday 23rd March 7pm until 8:45pm Social Media Awareness with Police
- Tuesday 28th March from 7pm until 8:45pm Celebration Event.
- Thursday 6th April from 7pm until 8:45pm Sexual Health Workshop (Venue TBC)
- Tuesday 11th April Stress Management Workshop (Venue TBC)
* Young People can book one to one sessions with workers from 6:30pm until 7:00pm on any group night.
We may also be able to support with travel expenses.
If you want more information about location of group etc email email@example.com or text 07786 202370