Welcome to the North East Scotland LGBT+ Section
Join us as we mark LGBT History Month
A free, open event for anyone and everyone with an interest in LGBT+ history and culture to come together and enjoy an evening of art, poetry and music. There will be a number of thought provoking presentations on the evolution of LGBT+ culture and its relationship with mainstream society, followed by an opportunity for everyone to share their thoughts, beliefs and ideas on our
culture and history with some delicious food and drink.
Please register https://lgbtyouth.wufoo.com/forms/who-we-are-north-east-lgbt/
FRI 21 FEB
Belmont Picture House
49 Belmont St, Aberdeen AB10 1JS
The North east LGBT+ Development Group started after the 2011 National Gathering and Civic Reception hosted by Aberdeen City Council.
It was recognised that there was a need for Public Bodies, Service Providers, Third sector and LGBT Community representatives to meet, share good practice and identify local needs.
The group has gone from strength to strength and now meets bi-monthly at the Bruce Room, Aberdeen City Council.
For the Terms of Reference please click here
Next meeting dates:
- Tuesday January 22nd - 12.30-14.30pm
- Friday February 1st LGBT HIstory Month celebrations at the Aberdeen Arts Centre 5-8pm. (More information to follow)
- Tuesday March 19th 12.30-14.30pm
- Friday May 17th 12.30-14.30pm marking International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia
- Tuesday July 9th 12.30-14.30pm
- Tuesday September 10th 12.30-14.30pm
- Tuesday November 12th 12.30-14.30pm
- Tuesday 21st January 2014 12.30-14.30pm
To find out more, or to come along to one of our groups please contact email@example.com
A key area for our work has recently been having events such as the LGBT+ Fair to set our Equality outcomes. We hope to host an event in February to share these findings, and to have an interactive story telling space.